Nick Vun is an Occupational Therapist who has worked in a diverse range of fields, ranging from Mental Health, through to Traumatic Brain Injury, Pain Management and Paediatrics.
As such, Nick has experience in working with a range of health and assessment services, including the Northland District Health Board, the Ministry of Education, ACC, WINZ, Workbridge, and Northable. Nick has been part of specialist diagnostic clinics including the areas of concussion, autism and rheumatology. He is also works as a keyworker within a Concussion Service for Northland.
Nick has a passion for self-improvement which incorporates the principles of clinical and productivity efficiency with the concepts of wellness. To achieve the balance between these concepts, Nick draws upon his clinical knowledge as an Occupational Therapist, his learning from his Pharmacy degree, and from his Postgraduate Certificate in Musculoskeletal Management.
Nick has enjoyed leadership roles within the health sector, and in other management fields such as hospitality. He is clinical supervisor, and has been a guest speaker for community agencies such as Age Concern Whangarei and Speld NZ.
In his spare time, Nick writes and paints, and teaches martial arts as a fundraiser activity for a local school.
- Bachelor of Health Science(Occupational Therapy)
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Postgraduate Certificate Health Science (Musculoskeletal Management)
- Foundation Neurodevelopmental Therapy/Bobath certified
Professional Affiliation & Registration
13 years clinical experience
Skills and Experience
- Extensive multidisciplinary team experience within inpatient and community settings.
- Extensive experience in working in the community with clients, their whanau, employers and educators.
- Extensive experience in working with non-government agencies and local funding agencies.
- Extensive experience in using developmental and psychosocial assessments.
- Experience in developing and working with diagnostic clinics.