Diane Henare is an occupational therapist who commenced her career with Auckland District Health Board in 1966 where she gained wide experience in Orthopaedics, and Care of the Elderly services.
This was followed by 11 years from 1985 working for Capital and Coast Health, Wellington Mental Health Services including individual work and group work and running a day programme.
From 1995 to 2009 extensive experience was gained working at The Auckland Regional Pain Service. This involved running a three week group programme, working in an interdisciplinary team, individual work and assessments. From 2009 to the present she has worked in Private Practice for Active Intervention Management carrying out Vocational Programmes and Pain Management services.
She was a Frances Rutherford Lecture Aware recipient in 2002.
“I enjoy working for AIM and appreciate the team work and support at all times.”
- Diploma of Occupational Therapy
- Advance Diploma of Occupational Therapy
- Masters of Health Science
Professional Affiliation & Registration
- NZ Pain society
32 years clinical experience
Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience in chronic pain self management.
- Extensive experience in psychosocial assessments and multidisciplinary pain management
- Extensive experience in the field of mental health providing groups, day programme and individual programmes
- 20 years’ experience teaching and using the Assessment of Motor and Process Skills functional tool
- Extensive experience in programmes related to managing chronic health conditions