Debbie Rafferty is an occupational therapist who commenced her career with Northland Area Health Board in 1982 where she gained wide experience in General Medical and Orthopaedics.
Phone: 021 541 071
This was followed by 6 years specialising in paediatrics as an Occupational Therapist and Neurodevelopmental Therapist. She then crossed the ditch and worked in Adult vocational Rehabilitation for the CRS for 12 years and then on an injury management team for Curtin University and Murdoch University. On returning to Whangarei in 2004 she worked for Burtons Healthcare until 2005 when she established Active Intervention Management (AIM) Ltd alongside Debbie Glendinning.
Since this time debr has worked with private and government organizations, conducting work site assessments and job analyses, assisting employers and injured workers to maintain a safe work environment and return to work following an injury. She has been able to utilise her skills in the management of long term claim with many of these being those with Brain injuries and experiencing chronic pain.
Deb R has developed and presented many training packages to a wide group of employee groups. These packages have included office safety, ergonomics, manual handling, stress management and practical relaxation. Deb R’s main areas of interest include all aspects of vocational rehabilitation, injury prevention and ergonomics. Deb R also loves walking, party fit classess, beaching and boating and being part of a large extended family including one grandie.
“I love the diversity of AIM and how we are able to constantly improve our services and provide a consistent service while keeping the work stimulating and enjoyable for our fabulous team of health experts.”
- Diploma of Occupational Therapy
- Post graduate Certificate in Applied Rehabilitation
- Post graduate Certificate in Workplace rehabilitation.
Professional Affiliation & Registration
- NZ Pain society
- NZ Ergonomics society
32 years clinical experience (including 5 years of Senior team leader for CRS and 10 years as Company Director of AIM Ltd)
Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience and post graduate training in vocational rehabilitation
- Extensive experience in assessing musculoskeletal risks in the workplace and providing injury prevention and/or management alternatives
- Experience in psychosocial assessments and multidisciplinary pain management programmes
- Experience in assessment and intervention for Mild Traumatic Brain Injury conditions
- Effectively working independently and/or within multidisciplinary teams
- Extensive experience working in private and public industries.
- Extensive experience in chronic pain self management programmes
- Extensive experience in assessing companies needs and developing ‘active interventions’ to assist them to minimised injuries to workers.