Debbie Glendinning is qualified Occupational Therapist with over 23 years experience as a clinician both in New Zealand and overseas and 5 years experience as a health service manager.
Phone: 021 892 162
She has extensive experience in the provision of community mental health services and in providing a broad range of assessment and rehabilitation services, working within Healthcare, ACC, Workbridge, Work and Income and Third Party Insurer systems, and within Private Companies, specifically for those recovering from injuries or disabilities.
Since launching her own company in 2005 (alongside Debbie Rafferty), Debbie’s work has had a strong focus on vocational assessment, rehabilitation, and injury prevention in the workplace.
Debbie values working as part of a multidisciplinary team to achieve positive outcomes for clients including working closely with others who have a significant role to play in a person’s rehabilitation process.
Debbie also has extensive experience in providing team leadership and clinical supervision to other occupational therapists, and health services personnel.
- Diploma of Occupational Therapy
- Post graduate Certificate in Applied Rehabilitation
- Post graduate Certificate in Workplace rehabilitation.
Professional Affiliation & Registration
- NZ Pain society
- NZ Ergonomics society
- 23 years clinical experience
- 5 years Health Management
- And including 10 years as company director of Active Intervention Management Ltd
Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience and post graduate training in vocational rehabilitation
- Extensive experience in assessing musculoskeletal risks in the workplace and providing injury prevention and/or management alternatives
- Experience in psychosocial assessments and multidisciplinary pain management programmes
- Extensive experience in the field of mental health providing groups, day programmes and individual programmes
- Experience in assessment and intervention for Mild Traumatic Brain Injury conditions
- 5 years experience as the manager of a mental health organisation offering residential and community based rehabilitation services
- Effectively working independently and/or within multidisciplinary teams
- Extensive experience working in private and public industries.