Ayla Fagan commenced her career as an Occupational Therapist in 2010. She studied a Bachelor of Health Science (Occupational Therapy) at AUT before heading to Australia to work as a registered Occupational Therapist. Her employment history is predominately within the vocational rehabilitation sector where she has managed physical caseloads and conducted assessments, autonomously and within a team environment. Return to work, functional capacity assessments, office/vehicle ergonomic assessments, pre-employment screening, ADL’s, workplace assessments and manual handling trainings were the main focus for her.
Skills and Experience
- Plan and coordinate rehab programs, return to work plans and complete complex case management of same employer
- Recommend, prescribe and install adaptive equipment and modifications.
- Grow and develop stakeholder relationships
- Manual Handling Training – group/individual education sessions as well as manual handling teacher training
- Ongoing Support Assessments (OSA) and Supported Wage Scheme (SWS) Assessment for Disability Employment Services Australia
- Completing vocational assessments (Physical Component) and assist in New Employer Programs
During her time as an OT, Ayla became a manual handling trainer, as well as studied the evidence & comparative approaches of FCE’s. To further her health and fitness interest she returned to study certificates III and IV in Fitness and became a qualified personal trainer.
In her spare time Ayla enjoys exercise, clean eating and exploring new places with her family. She has returned to Northland to recommence her OT career and expand her vocational rehabilitation knowledge and is excited to be a part of the AIM team.