The format of the workstation assessments assessments is to:
- meet individually with each staff member
- take a brief history to determine – duties of staff member, history of any reported symptoms, previous intervention, current intervention and strategies for management
- observation of staff member working – therapist to observe – posture, equipment used, lighting, noise
- feedback to staff member regarding observation and any recommended changes
- make any necessary changes if possible i.e. adjust chair, raise/lower monitor, raise feet, move frequently used items
- provision of resources providing ongoing advice regarding minimizing discomfort, pain and injury and a stretches handout
- provision of handwritten summary for each staff member including recommendations of adjustments to lifestyle, adjustments to management of discomfort, recommendations for equipment, stretches recommendations and any further therapeutic recommendations asnecessary.